This workshop series will be postponed. Please check back in May/June for any new updates.
Business Plan Essentials
Starting, owning and running a small business is a complex process that may seem daunting to entrepreneurial visionaries at any level.
This complete workshop will take you through the step-by-step process of developing a business plan. A business plan is very specific to each business. However, while each business needs a unique plan, the basic elements are the same in all business plans. During this three-day workshop you will analyze your business, develop the plan and on the last day present it to 3-bankers who will assess your plan and provide you feedback. The plan also serves as an effective communication tool for financing proposals.
- What is a Business Plan and why should a business owner develop one?
- The “Business Plan Express” method for existing businesses.
- How to research the market – your industry, customers and competitors
- How to analyze your own business
- How to define/refine your business niche
- How to set your business objectives
- How to create a simple action plan to achieve your objectives
- How to set up monthly tools to monitor your progress against your goals
How You Will Benefit
- Understand what strategy and strategic planning mean to an organization
- Learn key concepts and the language used by those involved in strategic planning
- Discover various approaches companies use to develop strategy
- Find out how strategy moves from concept through implementation to realization
- Recognize techniques companies use to assess their current and future environments
- Identify specific ways you can contribute to your organization’s strategic success
- Developing and presenting your plan to business funding organizations with feedback
What You Will Cover
- What strategic planning really means to all stakeholders
- How strategy creates value for customers and stakeholders
- How organizations develop strategy: seven strategic planning processes
- The strategic planning process in action: five stages of a classic approach
- Assessing the environments
- Three critical segments to strategic plan success
- Implementing strategy: how strategy cascades through the organization
Who Should Attend
Entrepreneurs looking to move their company to the next level, managers and supervisors who want to expand their strategic planning skills and management perspective…and anyone who must communicate with managers and leaders involved in the creation and implementation of strategy. Nonprofits will greatly benefit from planning for clients, donors and business sustainability.
PACE Business Planning Workshop Speaker
Robert McKim, MS, CIPP, CISA leader in marketing and management with over 40 years or international marketing working for prominent organizations. He developed marketing skills with Gillette, Schick Electric, Bushnell Optical. Bob was a successful entrepreneur in building a top advertising agency in Los Angeles, later building a leading international company in Customer Relationship Marketing. He has a Masters in Nonprofit management and previously Chairman for Antioch University and Meals on Wheels in West Los Angeles. Bob is currently Volunteer Mentor Coordinator for PACE Business Development Center.